What is a Dynamic Text
It’s a text on a layout and it is used to personalize messages using data from your preferred Data Source.
Common Use Cases
It’s a powerful personalization feature that will help you save time. Here are the three most common cases to personalize content to use dynamic text.
- Note-taking and summaries
- Once you’ve selected the dynamic text widget, you can create your own custom narrative for your client with standard metrics that best describe your success with your campaign.
- Great for IF, and and THEN functions
- This feature works for IF functions simply put, when you use the “if” statement you’re setting a condition and instructing AdClicks to perform a unique set of actions when your preset condition is true and another when the condition is false.
For example, if the Search Impression Share is lower than 20% then, I would like to display the following message: We are currently losing X due to budget in our market share for Google which means that there are opportunities to capture more users.
- Creating a sense of urgency in your date
You can make sure that your reports are always updated with the right date. Add a variable that will add the current date to the text.
If you’re looking for major time saving, this is it. You can find the Dynamic Text widget by clicking on the ‘Add New Widget’ Button, and selecting it from the list of ‘Common’ widgets in the Reporting Studio.
How to Use It
Once, you’ve selected the Dynamic Text, you will have to choose the Dataset from where you want the data to be pulled from along with the Scope.
Let’s assume you want to choose Paid Media as your Dataset and Campaign as your Scope.
Once you’ve selected the desired Dataset. Then, you’re ready to narrate the text you want for your client; which usually is a brief summary of what happened last month, and the next steps.
Let’s say you’re talking about last month’s performance in your text
You want to “Insert Metric” and search for the metric you’re interested in. In this case, I selected “Spend”
Then you click on “Add” and the tool will place a variable that looks like the one in the image below. This variable replaces the metric value you requested.
As you can see in the Preview, the variable was replaced with it’s value.
Now, with this being said, if you choose a different Date Range or filter, the value will dynamically change.
My summary ended up looking like this
Dynamic text allows for a seamless and highly personalized approach. We think it can have an enormous impact on your reports.